Thursday, March 24, 2016

Not So Springy Today

            Spring comes and goes lately. The winter weather was crazy with high and low temperature records being set within a few days during February and now, after spring flowers are already blooming, we have an ice storm.  Our east porch was iced all the way to the door this morning and when I got to the barn, I could not get in. The "sliding" bolt was not sliding due to being covered in ice. I had to return to the house and get a vice grips to pry open the door. During our usual walk, the dog and I kept running into icy branches across our path. Some were snapped off of nearby trees and others were still hanging on but right in our faces. Also the east pond was overflowing onto our usual path. All in all, not a good day to be out for a walk. (Did I mention that it was still raining and still freezing?)













No comments: