Sunday, January 19, 2014

Looking for Colour

        Yesterday was not a particularly good day. It started by our dog, Sadie, slipping behind me when I was in the chicken pen looking for eggs and grabbing a chicken. She was out the door before I could stop her and so we are now down to one laying hen and 1 rooster.

        Our training run was on slippery snow so 10 k felt like a lot more by the time we were finished. Hope it is better next week.

       The cold and snow have returned, after not being very far away in the first place. It is hard to find colour to photograph. That being the case, I found a milkweed plant that had lots of pods and brought it inside out of the wind and cold and did my best to make it beautiful. Below is the result:



1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

What a lovely photo!
What a horrible day. Will you replace the chicken?
Is your dog in the doghouse?!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario !