Thursday, March 03, 2011

New Early Arrival


New Early Arrival
Originally uploaded by Ontario Wanderer

Woke up this morning feeling dizzy. Not sure what that is all about. Better by 10 a.m. but still a bit of a worry. Meanwhile, when I went out to feed the animals this morning there were lots and lots of Red-winged Blackbirds in our trees. They were singing and chirping and hopping about the trees as if spring were really here in spite of the -12 C temperature and the fact that I have never seen the so early in March on our property before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful sight. Just this morning when I was out scattering seed for our ground feeders, I heard the familiar sound of Red-winged Blackbirds too! I love their song.

Ontario Wanderer said...

The song always says "Spring," to me. Now for the American Woodcocks and the American Robins in song . . .