Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cooler January 15



As the sun came over the horizon and into the trees the winds were calm but now, a few hours later, a breeze has sprung up making a wind chill of -12 C (10.4 F). Tonight the wind chill predicted to drop to -20 C (-4.0 F). We don't have any snow in the forecast however, and the temperatures are to be above freezing again later this week. It continues to be a warm January.

Below are two more of Églantine's Wild Cucumber skeleton photos. They are interesting at this time of year.



6 comments:

Lené Gary said...

I especially like the first wild cucumber cage.

Randa said...

VERY cool cucumber photos.

When we were kids, we used to pelt each other with them when they were at their freshest, best 'explode on impact' stage.

Actually, the BOYS used to pelt the girls with them.

Rachel said...

What great photos! I don't think I have ever seen a wild cucumber before.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Lene, All of the wild cucumbers have interesting shapes at this time of year.

Randa, Hummm, I did not know that they would "explode." Perhaps next summer....

Rachel, They are strange and I don't think they look much like cucumbers. I don't know how far south they grow. I don't remember seeing them until I came to Ontario.

Randa said...

Hm. We may have to warn Eglantine. She'll have to gather her own stash of cucumbers with which to counterattack.

Ontario Wanderer said...

R, Églantine was reading over my shoulder, so I guess she is warned.